A Bride for the Sheriff

A Bride for the Sheriff

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Days Nine through Eleven



Day Nine. Operate your vehicle more effectively.
Do you know how to use all of the features of that car sitting in your garage?
I bought a new car this summer, the first one in ten years. It has so many features and technologies on it I can barely operate it. I was feeling overwhelmed the other day when it dawned on me. I don’t have to learn everything about it all at once. Now I have the owner’s manual on my nightstand. I try to read a little about it each night. Eventually I’ll know how this big machine operates. Today I actually turned on the cruise control and used it correctly! Hurrah! It’s the small victories!
Day Ten- Exercise your creativity.
If you’re like me you have several craft projects in a box somewhere. I can think of three in-progress cross stitch projects and at least two embroidery projects I’ve started. Now that it’s winter I spend more hours indoors parked in front of the television. I’ve started working again on some pillow cases that I’m making for a relative’s vacation home. I’m learning to relax and letting my brain be creative. When the cases are done they will be a nice thank you gift for letting me use the place. This makes me happy thinking about it.
Day Eleven- Learn to accept something a bit different.
 Change your style of dress a bit. Try a color you don’t usually wear. Or that accessory someone gave you but you haven’t worn. I’m not a big fan of scarves. A couple of years ago I received a bright colored one as a gift. It hung in my closet for well over a year. One drab February day I needed something to cheer me up. At the last minute I threw it on. I got so many complements at work (that felt good) that now I’ve been wearing a scarf about once a week. My style is more polished and I feel more pulled together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment